From asphalt, concrete, exposed aggregate to cobblestones – there are a number of materials and finishes to choose from depending on your driveway budget and preferences.
We consider all factors when planning your driveway, that other companies might miss:
- Your house's current aesthetic
- Glare and colour considerations
- Treatment considerations
- General wear and tear and the overall effect on feet and tyres
Exposed aggregate driveways (still a highly popular choice) can also be seeded with 25 different varieties of pebbles to enhance the top surface.
How The New Driveway Process Works
1.We'll arrange a time that suits you to meet onsite for a free consultation and plan of your paving and landscaping requirements.
2. We then bring in our excavation team and dig out the required areas. Instead of removing your soil from the site, which will cost additional money, we utilise the excavated soil to level up your site for lawns.
3. We use road base to 100mm depth, compacted, then boxed at which time we call you if you’d prefer to change the shape – which some people do when they see the boxing.
4. Once you are happy with the area, we pour the driveway concrete at 100mm thick with steel reinforcing. Your concrete will then be strategically cut to avoid cracking. Exposed aggregate surfaces are acid washed and sealed to protect the surface of your new concrete driveway from oil and also to enhance the colour which will be applied after 7 days of drying.
Working with Armstrong Landscapes was the best choice I could have made for our outdoor area. Not only were they reliable and easy to deal with, but they gave great advice on which materials to use on our driveway. It's been three years since being laid and it still looks brand new. - Philip Holland
Concrete Driveway Finishes
We can accommodate a large range of driveway finishes to suit the aesthetic of the rest of your home. Learn more about these below:
Exposed Aggregate Driveways
Exposed aggregate is one of our most popular finishes for Christchurch driveways. By using river pebbles and aggregate in the concrete mix, we can then expose them in the curing process, leaving the driveway with a fantastic natural look.
The base concrete and aggregate itself also come in a range of natural tones to suit the look and feel of your home.
For a more affordable option, we also offer asphalt driveways. Asphalt driveways are traditionally cheaper than concrete, however the lifespan of a concrete driveway is longer.
Stamped Pattern Driveways
Stamped pattern driveways give you a unique, low maintenance and robust alternative to cobblestone, brick and other patterned driveways - at a lesser cost than the real thing.
Enquire today to see how we can make your new driveway standout from the crowd and create instant kerb appeal.
- Exposed aggregate driveways
- Polished concrete driveways
- Cobblestones driveways
- Asphalt driveways
- Stamped patterned concrete driveways
- Coloured concrete driveways